What should leaders look for when Teachers are Using Technology?
I came a cross an article (see below) that mentions some factors that one should look for when evaluating the use of technology in the classroom.
- Who is using the technology? Is the technology being used exclusively by the teacher? By the students? Is there a mix of both?
- If you took the technology away, how different would the lesson be?
- How much variety with the technology is there? When you see students using the technology are they always doing the same things. Are they just using Wikipedia or the calculator?
- What opportunities do students have to collaborate with or through the technology?
- What opportunities do students have to create new knowledge or products with the technology?
Looking at Student Creativity
The Technology Integration MatrixAccording to the Florida Center for Instructional Technology. the Technology Integration Matrix Observation Tool (TIM-O) is a tool for guiding principals, teachers, and others through the process of evaluating the level of technology integration within a particular classroom. When completed, the tool produces a profile for the observed lesson in terms of the Technology Integration Matrix.