I especially liked the questions this author asked himself about the homework he gave out...
- Why was I assigning homework?
- Was I doing it to increase learning or to absolve myself of the responsibility for student learning deficits (the I-taught-them-so-they-should know-it syndrome)?
- Was assigning all that homework helping the students learn more?
- What about the students that struggled doing the homework, or the students that simply copied the work from another student, or what about the students that never did the homework?
- What benefit were they getting from homework?