This post from "Teach Thought" raises some good questions for those using technology in the classroom.
- What can we do with a device that we couldn’t previously?
- This question raises a very important factor with education technology. Now that this device is part of the classroom, how is it going to change learning and instruction? There are many teachers that use technology for "Substituting" what was previously done without the technology, without changing the lesson. (See SAMR model)
- How will mobile increase learning gains for students?
- One of my favorite definitions of technology is that it "amplifies human forces". How is this going to amplify the student learning?
- How will devices pair with our current class culture?
- What will be our key indicators of success?