Does your school embrace or block out social media?
Schools that I have read about in case studies, as well as schools in my local area, differ greatly with policies regarding social media. There are many aspects to look at when learning how to use social media for your school. The post below presents some information on social media in schools.
Blog Post on Social Media for Schoolshttp://www.techlearning.com/blogentry/9800
This post does not focus on any of these issues, but on the potential of using social media FOR schools. Telling the story of schools serves several purposes:
- curation (find, filter, organize, connect and present) information for their stakeholders
- adding value to a conversation, topic, theme, initiative with quality content
- sharing of best practices in teaching and learning
- making quality content visible to and shareable with others
- creating connections and a network of schools to advance education
- documenting institutional memory
Post a Comment