|How a GeoCities Website Typically looked (circa 1999)|
What's New in Google Sites
- Redesigned editor that is easy to understand and use a layout matches other G Suite Apps
- Sites now automatically create a Desktop Version as well as a Mobile and Tablet version of your site, all from the same template you create.
- This is a huge improvement over how Google Sites used to format itself for mobile devices. This change had to be made as mobile devices are increasingly used to look up web content.
- Better integration of other G Suite apps, such as embedding Google Docs, Slides, and Calendar.
- This feature used to be buried under the Insert tab in the old Google Sites. Now, every page your edit has the ability to embed other G Suite tools visible on every page.
- and more...
Any Drawbacks in the New Google Sites?
- You cannot change the font.
- Page anchors are missing
- Search your site bar is missing.
- Page Level Permissions (essential in a School environment)
- Is there an ability to create sub-pages? (I couldn't find this or information on this)