|Image from CartoonStock.com|
Parent/Teacher Conferences are right around the corner in my district. Here are some tools that can help ease some of the complications that arise with P/T conferences.
Schedule the Conference OnlineWe have streamlined the process by having parents sign up online to schedule time with teachers. This is immensely helpful to both parents and students. Here is an example tool below.
- YouCanBook.Me - Schedule conferences and block out times. Parents can pick an appointment slot time to meet with the teacher.
- Sign Up Genius - Plan school parent teacher conferences with simple online sign ups that allow participants to schedule appointments and swap slots simply.
Use Online Conferencing Tools to MeetIn some instances it may not be feasible to meet in the same location. Some may choose to use a tool below to meet with parents.
- Google Hangouts - Web chatting, video, or audio conferencing tool
- Skype - Web chatting, video, or audio conferencing tool
- Adobe Connect - Web conferencing tool, a secure way to connect and conference with parents as well as record sessions for documentation.
Follow UpTechnology allows teachers and parents to easily follow up on items discussed at the conference or for further discussion.
- Remind - Send Text Notifications to parents and students safely.
- Google Classroom Parent Email Summaries - Allow a parent to access their child's Google Classroom feed if available.
- Check your Student Information System (SIS) for reporting/parent communication tools
- Direct parents to your Classroom Website / Contact Information